It’s that time again! Are you ready?
We are finally nearing the month of May and I am so excited about The Prayer Project Challenge #3! Can you believe it? We are on the third challenge! (Sign up below)
May’s challenge will be a unique one. For the month of May, the challenge is to commit to writing prayers for 30 days for your future husband or wife (if you are not married already). Living in a society that places so much emphasis on finding the right mate…Have you ever thought of praying for them?
Have you ever considered covering them in prayer although you may not even know who they are yet?
Most of us desire a Christ-centered marriage and although many of us are single and haven’t a clue who our spouse may be, an awesome way to begin preparing your heart and the heart of your future spouse is to begin praying for him/her before you actually meet them.
Before I go on, please understand that this is NOT a ploy to get God to move faster to bring you a mate. Praying for them will not make God send them to you quicker. The purpose of this challenge is to 1) Help you entrust your desires to God, 2) Prepare your heart for your future mate by spending quality time communing and communicating with God, and 3) Strengthening the heart of your future spouse by covering them in prayer without their knowing.
The joy of praying for your spouse or future spouse lies in how much it may actually change you. You may begin to pray for confidence and fearlessness, for him or her; or humility and a servant’s heart in your future mate and begin to realize how much you also need these characteristics. Preparing your heart for your future mate involves allowing God to change yours first.
Theme for May: Pray for your future spouse. (If you are married, pray for your spouse)
How to Participate:
- Sign up for the challenge here.
- Commit to 30 days of written prayers for your future spouse. If you are engaged to be married or are already married, do not inform him/her that you are doing this.
- For 30 days, write one prayer a day as a journal entry. Keep them in a handwritten journal or type them and keep them in a folder on your computer.
- At the end of the 30 days, if you choose, save your journal to present to your husband or wife, when/if God blesses you to marry. If you are already married, if you choose, present your prayer journal as a gift to your spouse.
- Let them know that God placed them on your heart to lift them up in prayer and that you decided to pray for them with no hidden agenda or intent to receive anything in return. Make sure you are doing this as a pure and genuine act of love.
If you are up for the challenge, sign up at the link below to let me know that you are joining! Make sure that you check your email and click the link to confirm your participation! If you have already signed up for the previous challenge, no need to sign up again. If you have not,